Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshine Troopers

Recent events make me sick, almost nauseous, and disgusted at the extend of malice homo sapiens will commit in the name of power and money. WHY? How does it feel like, being all money-minded and materialistic? Does one feel saint-like or content and free of worries? I would really love to know.

Meanwhile, I have been questioned about my support for certain events that are about to unfold, one being the sunshine global gathering of our nation. Personally, it started off as a simple exercise to utilise our basic right to vote. Slowly, it turned into something ugly, in comparison to a worse than sty-like arena, especially with its recent 'amendments' - if that's what they call them. Google for detailed article, thanks. Seeing it is my first voting year (definitely won't be my last), I suddenly felt really reluctant to carry out what I have been anticipating for since I was 18 (not of age to vote). The word 'just' no longer exist as an adjective, only fully used as an adverb. Maybe this might sound all self-righteous to some when I ask "What happened to fair and square? Clean and transparent?"

Sure, many will retort with, "They do not exist in politics" - Fact, I know. But if people let some silly scumbags get on with their crook of a way, in terms of running a country, then No, that can not go on.

"Stop being so naïve, you are just being used/brainwashed into supporting the opposition's propaganda" - you know what? I don't give two shits about what the Other politicians have in mind. Let's not get all long-winded about that. My presence signifies what I believe in, and I ain't forcing that on other people neither did I discuss with nor try to persuade any of my peers to do the same. It is their choice. If you'd like to ask me why, we can always talk over a cup of tea (I'm cutting down coffee and alcohol by the way).

".. the current government is so much better than the opposition" - I am not making that up, it was what I was told during a conversation last week. Trying to explain my actions then, was like evangelising to a non-believer.

*heaves a loud sigh*

Not much to rant about, really. Only a matter of time before my frustration bursts into cotton candy and rainbow licorice. No country is perfect. But if collective events have contributed the country's height in PDI ranks, then something is seriously askew.



No comments:

Post a Comment