Sunday, April 1, 2012

Performing the Arts

April is here, and I have started dwelling into the arts again. Let's say, a part of my salary is channelled to developing/perfecting my skills and techniques, enrolling into workshops and classes.


Two weeks before last, I did a two-day Contemporary Dance workshop with renowned dancer/choreographer, Suhaili Micheline at the Eximus School of Performing Arts. It was an intense workout, my body was so sore the few days after the workshop. That, is a good feeling, knowing that you are really working your muscles - the correct ones.


Due to certain reasons, my regular Contemporary Dance class for the past nine months was put to an end. Hence it was great to be able to work on contemporary techniques again. It was my first time learning under Suhaili. Before this, I've received good feedback about her teaching, and even girls telling me that she's scarily strict!


I wrote about my experience throughout the two-day workshop in my dance blog here.


Moving along...


Aside from the regular dance sessions, I enrolled into Joanna Bessey's Scene Study Class at Enfiniti Academy too. So for most Mondays after CNY, I have been commuting to Sunway Giza right after work and journeyed into that imaginary section in my grey matter. We did individual 'private moments', which tested our focus and ability to recreate a scene with minimal props. Then we moved on to monologue presentation, did a reading during the script-writing class' students graduation, worked on dialogues with a peer, and had a lot of fun!


 


Photos from Enfiniti Academy
When a window closes, some where, doors open; and I will not give up searching for those doors! April greets with more dance workshops, new dance classes, rehearsing and perfecting my Ballet techniques for September's concert, and.... *drum-roll*


Short+Sweet 2012 Malaysia workshops!! This year, I will be joining both theatre and dance. Wanted to do all three, but the timing overlaps on Saturday and Sunday. Boo-hoo! Anyway. If you are interested to join, head to S+S's blog (link above), download the registration form and email it to one of the contact persons. Each workshop session is RM10, and ends with a performance/presentation on Sunday evening. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment