Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Thrills

Over our little bonding session during CNY, my Form 6 classmates made a pact to meet in KL since most of us are currently based in this chaotic concrete jungle.

After some thorough planning and 100+ messages on our Facebook page, we finally gathered a group of people to attempt the Skytrex Extreme Challenge. And the night before that, a BBQ session at Eli's place (which I ended up getting lost in front of some 'Exclusive & Prestigious School in USJ 17. I kid you not, that's the name of the school)


 

It's been too long since I last slept over at a friend's place, nor stayed up till wee hours in the morning with friends playing Monopoly Deal and Wii. I ended up with 4 hours of sleep before having to wake up (too early) on a Sunday morning.

Gung-ho Yo!


Although I did the Skytrex Extreme course once, I still had slight difficulty completing some obstacles. Not due to any fear of heights whatsoever (I'm an adrenalin junkie, mind you) but more of a test on my strength+stamina.

My previous experience at the course was not as tiring because I had to wait at each platform for people in front of me to complete their challenge (only one person allowed at one time). Hence I had time to rest. This time around, I started the course and went ahead of everyone (only with Jenn and her bf following close behind - shows that they are more fit than me) so I felt my biceps/triceps ache as I was doing some challenges that only involved balancing on one rope. Sakit sial! I can feel my muscles burning and was so tempted to stop for a while, only to feel it hurt even more. No choice but to just keep going and convince myself that it was a good work out for my arms!



We ended up at a Bak Kut Teh place in Klang after Skytrex, and I was completely drained to the core after that, forcing my eyes to open on the way back. Nevertheless, it was definitely one of my best weekends in 2012 so far as I was not being a complete bum at home, and I woke up EARLY ON A SUNDAY!

 

Classique!

And, this is how a dancer jumps:

 
 

*All photos snitched from J`red's Facebook*

No comments:

Post a Comment