Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vote and Have Your Say!

My current job has given me the advantage to be up-to-date with the insights in our country that do not get pass the censorship board and published/broadcast on mass media. Trust me, it is not pleasant to know too much; in fact, it actually stressed me up on many occasions last year especially when certain figures in this country made international headlines. No, I don't really care much about their image in the eyes of the world, but more of appalled at the stupidity and ignorance one chooses for monetary reasons. Yup, what happened to people before profit?

I can rant on and on about what I am not happy about in regards to how this country is becoming 'underdeveloped', not in terms of infrastructure - well, that does affect somehow. Yet, I will spare you (reading this) the long and whiny post and just share with you one very important thing.

I WILL CAST MY VOTE IN THE UPCOMING GENERAL ELECTIONS!!

Yes, and so should you. If you or your friends are not registered voters (remember, you have to be at least 21 years old in order to vote), then I strongly urge you to do so. I know I should have written about this earlier, but judging from my lack of blog updates, I really did not have the time to write. So, now, even though I am half asleep and struggling to stay awake, I am forcing myself to type out this post and make sense of what I am trying to say. Back to what I was saying...

31st March 2012 - the last day for you to register yourself as a voter for the upcoming General Elections during/after June 2012.

If you are wondering if your vote even count? YES, IT DOES! Imagine if half a kampung thinks like you, that's almost/over a thousand absent voters during the GE. On the month I turned 21, I registered myself at one of the voters' registration booths around the city. Since then, I have been updating my status on Facebook and Twitter, urging people who are of age to register too. That is almost three years of nagging - yup!

Why? Because this is important. There are clearly more than a handful of problems in this country, I do not need to list them down. Instead of going on with your daily ranting about how things can be better, do your part and VOTE! Simple. Does not even take much of your time, really!

So, what say you?
Let me quote from the music video embedded below:

"You say you love this country, but you haven't voted, not even once. So don't bother complaining when your rights get violated"

No comments:

Post a Comment