Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding Bells,moots, loots and campaigns

Spent my weekend rehearsing for Angel's wedding dinner. The J-Mobbers did a surprise dance performance for her at the dinner. All the hours spent rehearsing and sweating was worth it when I saw the look on her face. She was shocked, smiling and getting all teary-eyed throughout the whole performance. I sat at the table serving halal-food for her Muslim friends, and was glad I did as the caterer served the yummiest beef rendang I've had in a long time. I know, I'm supposed to stay Vegetarian; on certain occasions like this, I won't be too fussy over my dietary habits.

Photo from Koko

Photo from Kasumi
Photo from Kasumi
 


I wore the black dress given by my aunt a few years ago. Back then, I did not have curves and it looked awful on my body (the dress is pretty, just that I did not have the figure that's made for it). Would not say I've got a perfect silhouette right now either, though it looked better than when I tried it on when I was still in my teens.

We did quite a few K-Pop numbers during our medley. This is my first time dancing and performing K-Pop routines. Too many chest and hip thrusting, took me quite some time to get used to it. It was a lot of fun nevertheless. Hey! I scored a sauna session after our Saturday evening practice - 4 hours of non-stop dancing, resulted to aching body/feet.

My initial weekend plan was to head to Port Dickson with Thasha and Shaun. Lo and behold, we were happily walking back to her car on Friday night after supper at Patio @USJ9 when Shaun stopped and gasped next to the passenger's door. Her car window was smashed, glass everywhere. My bag pack was gone! Let this be a strict lesson learned, never ever EVER leave your bag in the car; and we were too careless in doing so too.

Even though I did not lose anything valuable except for my Fisheye2 and Chris' Holga, plus my clothes, makeup and toiletries, I still feel devastated when I think about my rolls of film in the camera. My photos! Urgh! May God bless that nincompoop who pulled such a stint. As usual, event that unfolded after that (one which involved the police) was pure daunting! *sarcasm*  Took her 2 hours to file a report in an empty police station at 1am. Great!

Killed my weekend mood. They wanted to carry on with the PD trip but I kind of depressed over my missing films *bitch* Thankfully all the dancing kept me on my feet.

Before the whole incident, I was just telling Shae and her friends about my two snatch thefts experience years ago. Shae was in Kuala Lumpur for the weekend. It was great catching up with her, reminiscing over our nights in Phnom Penh and comparing beer tower prices. $1.50 Beer Towers in PP, can't beat that, Changkat! We started at Finnigen's Irish Bar and hopped over to Baan 26. The girls then left for Zouk while I headed back with Thasha. Then shit happened.

Finnigen's Irish Pub
Baan 26 
New friends
My girl, Shae

Nevertheless, after being mugged twice THRICE, you will somehow appreciate life more than the lost items in your bag. I am just VERY thankful that I have all my valuables (ID, ATM cards, phone, etc) with me at that time. *bitch, my two film cameras* Yea, I still can't let that go .. I also feel really bad for loosing Chris' Holga, even though he said he is not using it anymore. Oh well.. everything happens for a reason. And, Karma will bite back like an aggressive PMS-ing bitch, mind you.

Other than that, life pretty much evolves around work and my after-work activities. This week's consist of: Scene Study on Monday, Ballet on Tuesday, Contemporary Workshop on Wednesday and Thursday, where else, I am still waiting for a phone call for Friday, even though I am not putting my hopes too high for that. Besides my day-to-day transitions, I am making some serious long-term life decisions. Age is catching up too fast! Paving my path and just hope everything will fall into place real soon.

Before I end, I would like to urge you (yes, you reading this) to help sign this petition HERE. Now, I kind of fell out of the whole current issue loop for a while due to my never-ending work, so if someone can give me a summarized yet detailed explanation of the whole "Stronger Features" legislation, I'd be very thankful for that. Even though I am not entirely sure how this affects the Indigenous community, from what I read briefly, it is similar to how the Indigenous People are being treated here in Malaysia, they share the same struggle. And if the government going to pass that legislation, boy, added disappointment towards Australia (demerits given after the whole migrant-refugee switch last year). The Aboroginals in the NT have every right to control their own future.

Here, watch this video:



Been jabbering too much in one post. That's what you get for the inconsistent blog updates. Okay, folks! Have a splendid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment